Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MARK OF THE BEAST !!
LatinRapper.com Forum > General Discussion > La Bodega
NYRICANBLAZE
NY Driver's License Embedded With RFID: Doubles as a Passport

New York is joining Washington State and North Carolina by offering motorists the option to purchase an Enhanced Driver's License (EDL) with an embedded RFID chip. The license will enable travelers to pass in and out of Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean without having to use a traditional passport. The DMV also notes that no personal information is stored on the chip, just an identification number—so paranoid travelers should rest easy...unless they are lying (remember, the government watches every move you make). All-in-all, spending an extra $30 for the enhanced license seems like a pretty sweet deal when you consider that a passport runs about $150 these days.

http://gizmodo.com/5051131/ny-drivers-lice...s-as-a-passport

Keep thinking its urban legend or make believe conspiracy its showing up in all forms
gangsta lynn
"unless their lying" like your so suprised that the government always lies..... prolly a GPS system in that b*tch so they know exactly where to pick your ass up at... f**k THAT... not me. or mine.
gangsta lynn
and of course they "ONLY" charging $30 they want you to want it... but its nothing like an official passport if you need to go to other places your gonna be stuck with the hassle again so invest in the paper one and keep your freedoms...
TheGoomba
QUOTE (gangsta lynn @ Sep 19 2008, 04:59 AM) *
and of course they "ONLY" charging $30 they want you to want it... but its nothing like an official passport if you need to go to other places your gonna be stuck with the hassle again so invest in the paper one and keep your freedoms...

New paper ones got RFID in em as well, difference is - u dont carry ur passport everywhere like a license...i dont like people keeping tabs on me.

The technology only has a short range, and needs a reciever around it to work- so its not THAT bad, but...it does desensitize privacy, so people except this...what else will they except- RFID implants? etc

Also --- even if those cards only have an ID number stored...in their database, your id number relates to all your personal info --- so it might as well have the personal info on the card, lol just prevents people without access to the database to know your sh*t
NYRICANBLAZE
Not only that but RFID technology is extremly hackable and your info is easier to steal than u think do a Google search if u think different .... if u have one of those pay passes those click to pay id get rid of it
TheGoomba
QUOTE (NYRICANBLAZE @ Sep 19 2008, 01:39 PM) *
Not only that but RFID technology is extremly hackable and your info is easier to steal than u think do a Google search if u think different .... if u have one of those pay passes those click to pay id get rid of it

As i said, if u got a reciever...also depends what is on there...a unique ID means nothing, they can hack into that if they want...it only means something if u got a database that holds the info in respects to that ID.

Different types though, passive and active, one has battery one dont...so also depends on that.

JaYLoKo
QUOTE (TheGoomba @ Sep 18 2008, 11:20 PM) *
As i said, if u got a reciever...also depends what is on there...a unique ID means nothing, they can hack into that if they want...it only means something if u got a database that holds the info in respects to that ID.

Different types though, passive and active, one has battery one dont...so also depends on that.

my military ID has got my fingerprints and a gps in it
gangsta lynn
QUOTE (JaYLoKo @ Sep 19 2008, 04:01 PM) *
my military ID has got my fingerprints and a gps in it

yeah but u signed ur life away the day you signed up for that sh*t.... were talking about us "free" people.
CONCEITEDMOFO

krooksimba
QUOTE (CONCEITEDMOFO @ Sep 19 2008, 05:53 PM) *

laff.gif laff.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.