> Hey...
OrtizThaDBBomber
post Mar 5 2010, 03:03 AM
Post #16

Pussy Killz

Group: Members
Member No.: 35

QUOTE (Minus P @ Mar 3 2010, 02:21 PM) *
been living alone for a bit now, and while I dont see myself ever moving back home at this point because of the freedom this allows me, I do have to say monetarily it does put you in a harsh situation unless you balling..

I make good money, but right now, if i were to lose my job, id lose my car AND my apartment because living alone and comfortable (AKA I eat and drink whatever, whenever I want) does not allow for me to have any money saved up...

Would I go back to moms tho even if that meant saving my 1300 rent money?

NOT A CHANCE.

Another negative thing too, if you are like me, after a while being alone doesnt bother you.. and you sorta become a recluse.. on some.. yeh.. u wan see me, come to my crib.. if not.. i aint going out.. and that cant be healthy either.

WORRRRDDD!!

I've been living on my own since I was 18...I would NEVER move back with my mother....my dad used to tell me all the time, "come live with me, you can save money won't pay bills" and so on and so on and I always declined. Once I had the freedom to do whatever I want, whenever I want, the money was worth it to me. It's sort of like my rent/power/cable bills are embedded in my head, I don't even think about what it would be like to not have to pay that.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Radames
post Mar 5 2010, 04:17 AM
Post #17

5 mics

Member No.: 26

If I had the money, I would rather have a condo than a house. I just dont have that "home owner" desire yet. Not sure if that's a bad business decision but still.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JaYLoKo
post Mar 6 2010, 02:18 AM
Post #18

Strictly Hip Hop

Member No.: 36

I'm looking to buy something when I get home from Afghanistan..NYC too expensive though , a 650sq foot condo in washington heights iss 200,000$...I can get a 2 bedroom penthouse in fajardo for that price so i'm takin my salsa dancin ass back to la isla

--------------------
Angels earn their wings - paratroopers earn their right to fly..see me falling from the sky ? I'm no angel

+Quote Post
Ben B
post Mar 6 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #19

Untouchable

Member No.: 281

This post has been edited by Ben B: May 30 2013, 12:37 PM

+Quote Post
krooksimba
post Mar 6 2010, 11:03 PM
Post #20

Supreme Clientele

Member No.: 136

Yes Amen... Paradise IS all it's cracked up to be... wake up everyday to the sun out and a nice breeze, always good weather, too many beautiful girls and it's just dope out here man, fun place to be.

Then you walk into the store, or try to get an apartment, or even go through McDonalds drive thru and it's like WTF HELL NAW!!!!!!! when an average 'value' meal at mickey d's is $8 bucks, your wallet starts talking back to you.

So, all in all, yea, Hawaii in itself is beautiful, but unless you're making some serious money, I wouldn't recommend it........ then again I know people that are happy here living in their car or van, and not taking showers every day, and just living like bums for the simple fact that it's Hawaii................ WORTH VISITING THOUGH so check it whenever you have a chance

+Quote Post
Radames
post Mar 7 2010, 01:51 AM
Post #21

5 mics

Member No.: 26

@Ben B - Im practically in the same boat as you as far as the "what do I do next?" part. I wanted to do radio but that idea faded when I got another idea that I could pursue as far as a potential career goes. I've been hesitant about that "plan" because of the money involved for schooling (though less time than college) and it's considered a risk. I know we have to take risks in life but I've just been floating in the middle of the ocean so to speak since I've yet to act on it.

I have no plan B not because im a moron but because I just genuinely don't have one. Getting older is rough.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben B
post Mar 7 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #22

Untouchable

Member No.: 281

This post has been edited by Ben B: May 30 2013, 12:37 PM

+Quote Post
Minus P
post Mar 8 2010, 07:01 AM
Post #23

Strictly Hip Hop

Member No.: 516

QUOTE (OrtizThaDBBomber @ Mar 6 2010, 11:18 AM) *
naaahhh bro...I wasn't knocking you or anyone who lives with their parents or moved back with their parents for that matter. I was just agreeing with him on the points that I've got accustomed to being on my own so moving back with my parents isn't an option for myself. But everyone has their own situations and all...I've never been one to be on some "Oh you ___ years old why you living with ya parents!"...

I was on some check to check sh*t too this past summer and I just ended up getting rid of my beloved F-150 and going back to a POS 2000 Dodge Neon that I've been trying to sell for a year...it saved me almost $300 a month in the gas I was paying driving to and from work everyday. Anyone that knows me knows how much I liked that truck though...*tear*

yeh bro i wasnt knocking you either, same thing Ortiz is saying.. just stating that I cant see me moving back unless it was on some super last resort thing, and by that i mean even asking my friends if i can stay with them first haha,.

Right now its 2 AM, i'm in my underwear just cooked me some meat.. got a bottle of tequila out and its technically monday, Im on my laptop and my tv is on... If my mom walked in on me right now.. Id be embarrassed (cuz im in my boxers) I'd get a lecture (cuz of the alcohol) I would get yelled at (for using the kitchen this late) Id get lectured again (for being on the laptop AANND having the TV on whhile not watching it) AND I would be told to go to bed.. thats just my Moms every parent is different.. but that's why I cant do it.

And I'm with you Ortiz, its like.. I think if i were saving my rent money, ifd probably mismanage the sh*t since I got no clue what to do with it if i didnt have to spend it on rent.. that money doesnt even cross my mind as "spendable cash".

--------------------

+Quote Post
krooksimba
post Mar 8 2010, 07:41 AM
Post #24

Supreme Clientele

Member No.: 136

QUOTE (Minus P @ Mar 8 2010, 02:01 AM) *
Right now its 2 AM, i'm in my underwear just cooked me some meat.. got a bottle of tequila out and its technically monday, Im on my laptop and my tv is on... If my mom walked in on me right now.. Id be embarrassed (cuz im in my boxers) I'd get a lecture (cuz of the alcohol) I would get yelled at (for using the kitchen this late) Id get lectured again (for being on the laptop AANND having the TV on whhile not watching it) AND I would be told to go to bed.. thats just my Moms every parent is different.. but that's why I cant do it.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaahaha laugh.gif

+Quote Post
BXsLilPrinCesS
post Mar 9 2010, 05:29 AM
Post #25

Supreme Clientele

Member No.: 32

QUOTE (Minus P @ Mar 8 2010, 02:01 AM) *

Lol. Since it seems like I'm never going to move out with all this school debt which by next year will be like $50,000-60,000 I'm happy my mom is more of a roommate, lol.

--------------------

:)

+Quote Post
JaYLoKo
post Mar 9 2010, 12:00 PM
Post #26

Strictly Hip Hop

Member No.: 36

QUOTE (BXsLilPrinCesS @ Mar 9 2010, 12:29 AM) *
Lol. Since it seems like I'm never going to move out with all this school debt which by next year will be like $50,000-60,000 I'm happy my mom is more of a roommate, lol.

G.I bill baby , you can have all that schooling paid for..I'm not sayin join the army but the air force offers the same and they live like kings compared to us , nice easy life style for real.

--------------------
Angels earn their wings - paratroopers earn their right to fly..see me falling from the sky ? I'm no angel

+Quote Post
Moony
post Mar 9 2010, 10:40 PM
Post #27

Board Addict

Member No.: 24

QUOTE (JaYLoKo @ Mar 5 2010, 09:18 PM) *
I'm looking to buy something when I get home from Afghanistan..NYC too expensive though , a 650sq foot condo in washington heights iss 200,000$...I can get a 2 bedroom penthouse in fajardo for that price so i'm takin my salsa dancin ass back to la isla

No bullshit Ive thought about doing the same... I dont know. Its not really for financial reasons...I just like it down there, go a couple times a year. Im from the campo in Morovis, where I already have a house. Im a country kid at heart lol...Jibaro! Where your nearest neighbor is at a good distance and all you hear is coquis at night.
Better people, better food, better weather...why not? Plus most the fams' down there. Im set over here and like it.. Ive just been thinking about it a lot lately...maybe for retirement dunno.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guzman
post Mar 10 2010, 07:40 PM
Post #28

Geezy

Member No.: 28

lol...wow...a lot of us go back even from the CLK days and you can see the maturity level (meaning we are in the grown folk stage) go from making posts to exposing, random BS to discussing our economic and financial situations as well as our local weather lol....good to hear from a lot of yall, those who I still talk to I got on FB..but its good to occasionally post here to see how heads are that arent on the social networking tip...to elaborate on the current discussion:

the middle of the country is actually doing good economic wise. 4% unemployment rate only expected to rise 1 more percent by 2011. The pay is good here, may not be as high as the east and west coast but when you compare it to the cost of living you'll be living real good. I remember naggin about living in Omaha, NE after moving from Chicago, IL. but here I am in a much better situation financially and economically. The real estate market here has not taken as many hits as the bigger markets, people are still buying, new condos are being built, so its good ish. Im in the financial industry as a loan officer and people are starting to borrow again, but numbers are still low (in regards to personal loans and mortgage refinances). Projections looking good so far, well see what pans out for 2010 and beyond.

on another note....so who else is dealing with the growing number of pot holes in your city?? this crazy winter made that shhit ridiculous...

holler

ps

Shenzo I thought you died man!!! lol

+Quote Post
Amen
post Mar 10 2010, 07:48 PM
Post #29

Untouchable
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 91

Man, potholes ain't nothing new in New York. The old block I lived on was adjacent to a thoroughfare for monstrous 18-wheelers. All of third avenue was like driving alongside a mountaintop. I've seen craters in the middle of the block, bro.

As for the midwest, I have given thought to living out there. I don't know if it's my NY bias, but I am concerned that the areas are either 1. underdeveloped, or 2. just not as favorable as NY. I'm admittedly ignorant to anywhere that's not NY or Maine, since those are the only two states I've spent extended time in.

Main concern for me is always the cost of living. I can transfer my annual earnings in NY to almost any other state and be a homeowner, whereas here I'm merely a renter. And even that's a constant battle. Getting situated is rough because it's a constant game of sacrifice. If you can live in NY and justify not owning a car, then great. I haven't driven consistently in nearly five years. But there's a delicate balance between favorable living conditions, saving for a family, and self-improvement. I think you can have two of three. It's rough to get all of the above.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guzman
post Mar 10 2010, 08:31 PM
Post #30

Geezy

Member No.: 28

QUOTE (Amen @ Mar 10 2010, 02:48 PM) *
Man, potholes ain't nothing new in New York. The old block I lived on was adjacent to a thoroughfare for monstrous 18-wheelers. All of third avenue was like driving alongside a mountaintop. I've seen craters in the middle of the block, bro.

As for the midwest, I have given thought to living out there. I don't know if it's my NY bias, but I am concerned that the areas are either 1. underdeveloped, or 2. just not as favorable as NY. I'm admittedly ignorant to anywhere that's not NY or Maine, since those are the only two states I've spent extended time in.

Main concern for me is always the cost of living. I can transfer my annual earnings in NY to almost any other state and be a homeowner, whereas here I'm merely a renter. And even that's a constant battle. Getting situated is rough because it's a constant game of sacrifice. If you can live in NY and justify not owning a car, then great. I haven't driven consistently in nearly five years. But there's a delicate balance between favorable living conditions, saving for a family, and self-improvement. I think you can have two of three. It's rough to get all of the above.

I feel you on that bro. Coming from the biggest city in the US any city in the midwest would be underdeveloped with the exception of Chicago and maybe Detroit. To be honest with you, if your looking to start fresh with ya girl or whatever and you do consider leaving NY, research the midwest some. In my region the biggest cities are Kansas City, Minneapolis/St Paul, Denver, maybe Dallas but thats pushing it, they are all still very solid in the economy. Houses and condos are very affordable. Dog I guarantee you with the income you have in NY around this way you can have a 3 or 4 bedroom home, at least 2 1/2 bathrooms, full basement, big yard, and be in a good sub division and only pay anywhere from $175k to $235k looking at a monthly mortgage payment of $900 to $1200 (already factoring in home owners insurance and tax). Going all out with internet, cable, utilities, throw in a few monthly amenities there, you're looking at $1100 to $1400 a month (not to mention if you end up living with dual income). Of course depending on the neighborhood. Going towards the outer metro area, you can anticipate that payment to be lower, as well as more expensive if your trying to get ritzy with it, and even then you'll be living like a sultan in the MW paying what you would pay for a single family home in NY or Jerz. Thats just factoring in the market in my region. Looking at the Twin Cities (MN), KC, or Denver, its a little more expensive but not as expensive as the east or west coast and you would still be living good. You're right on all the above, taking from my stand point going on 26 years in 6 months, I would have to start favoring living conditions, family, and of course self improvement. If I dont do it here, as much as I would love to move back home to Chicago, I would probably go to Arizona. Another area with stability, year round good weather, and close to good spots such as LA, Phoenix, Vegas etc..Nonetheless my dude good luck on that.....

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 03:40 AM

Friends: airbrush shirts . music website design . Big Pun . Bachata music