Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Avatar
Radames
post Dec 28 2009, 08:15 AM
Post #1

5 mics

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

Just saw this movie tonight. I had ZERO hype for the movie even after seeing the trailers but yo, go watch it (IN 3D if you can). The visual effects are ground breaking and the story line is excellent.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Amen
post Dec 30 2009, 04:35 AM
Post #2

Untouchable
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 91

I saw it in 3D last week. Visually, it's everything you'd expect a $250+ million movie to be. But the story line? For real? You haven't seen this done before?

DeNiro in The Mission? Costner in Dances With Wolves? Pocahontas? The idea of someone finding their "true" self (and love) within a culture they had no respect for is common.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Radames
post Dec 30 2009, 11:22 AM
Post #3

5 mics

QUOTE (Amen @ Dec 29 2009, 11:35 PM) *
I saw it in 3D last week. Visually, it's everything you'd expect a $250+ million movie to be. But the story line? For real? You haven't seen this done before?

DeNiro in The Mission? Costner in Dances With Wolves? Pocahontas? The idea of someone finding their "true" self (and love) within a culture they had no respect for is common.

I confuse myself. At some point after I made this post, I recommended the movie to someone but actually told them that the storyline wasnt groundbreaking but at the same time that didnt hinder the film at all, strange.

Ive never seen any of those movies either Amen, so I guess that kind of matters. duh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
LEX718
post Dec 30 2009, 03:19 PM
Post #4

eL-eE-eX

Member No.: 56

I agree with the tired concept in the storyline. It's another "great white hope, please save us" film on some Last Samurai sh*t. But the visual effects make this movie worth watching in 3D or IMAX. Very impressive. And I <3 Michelle Rodriguez..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Radames
post Dec 30 2009, 08:21 PM
Post #5

5 mics

QUOTE (LEX718 @ Dec 30 2009, 10:19 AM) *
I agree with the tired concept in the storyline. It's another "great white hope, please save us" film on some Last Samurai sh*t. But the visual effects make this movie worth watching in 3D or IMAX. Very impressive. And I <3 Michelle Rodriguez..

Ima Neytiri man myself (played by Zoe Saldaņa) wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben B
post Dec 31 2009, 03:37 PM
Post #6

Untouchable

Member No.: 281

Saw it in imax 3d yesterday night, visually its stunning and worth paying for but yea the storyline was pretty doodoo to me.

+Quote Post
Radames
post Dec 31 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #7

5 mics

QUOTE (Ben B @ Dec 31 2009, 10:37 AM) *
Saw it in imax 3d yesterday night, visually its stunning and worth paying for but yea the storyline was pretty doodoo to me.

Maybe it's cause I didnt see the movies Amen mentioned, but the storyline didnt disappoint me at all. Then again, I dont mind concepts like these usually, even if it isnt a first, they're inspirational.

--------------------

+Quote Post
krooksimba
post Jan 2 2010, 01:12 AM
Post #8

Supreme Clientele

Member No.: 136

I enjoyed Avatar. I also enjoyed it when I saw it in 2D and it was called The Last Samurai

+Quote Post
Radames
post Jan 2 2010, 09:10 AM
Post #9

5 mics

Keep in mind this script was written in 1994.

--------------------

+Quote Post
WhipperWhip
post Jan 3 2010, 05:23 PM
Post #10

Strictly Hip Hop

Member No.: 169

The script is from '94?!?! Reason why I keep seeing ppl saying the story was ehhhh (no, I have not seen it yet). But I do keep hearing if I see it to see in in IMAX 3D...that it will feel like I'm in the damn thing!

But really, 1 of my ppls is saying this flick will have a similar impact on the kids today that the 1st Star Wars did back in the day. I believe this to be straight garbage opinion. Any think the same or different?

--------------------
CHECK OUT MY INTERNET RADIO SHOW @ www.BlogTalkRadio.com/DaBodega !!!
Talking Hip Hop and every other sutpid a$$ sh*t that comes to mind!!! All shows are also available for free download!

+Quote Post
Radames
post Jan 3 2010, 08:59 PM
Post #11

5 mics

QUOTE (WhipperWhip @ Jan 3 2010, 12:23 PM) *
The script is from '94?!?! Reason why I keep seeing ppl saying the story was ehhhh (no, I have not seen it yet). But I do keep hearing if I see it to see in in IMAX 3D...that it will feel like I'm in the damn thing!

But really, 1 of my ppls is saying this flick will have a similar impact on the kids today that the 1st Star Wars did back in the day. I believe this to be straight garbage opinion. Any think the same or different?

The story isnt necessarily wack, but I read that Cameron had this idea for awhile but needed the technology to evolve more. He initially wanted to put the movie out right after Titanic. I did also read a few reviews where they compared this movie to the older generations Star Wars. I never watched Star Wars so I couldnt tell you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Moony
post Jan 4 2010, 02:25 AM
Post #12

Board Addict

Member No.: 24

I thought this was a hell of a movie. Sure theres been movies with similar plot lines but I don't think to this degree. I saw it the weekend it came out in its normal form.. definitely want to check out in IMAX 3D though.
Mightve even jumped into my top 5 movies of all time.. hrmm.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amen
post Jan 5 2010, 02:59 PM
Post #13

Untouchable
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Radames @ Dec 31 2009, 03:30 PM) *
Maybe it's cause I didnt see the movies Amen mentioned, but the storyline didnt disappoint me at all. Then again, I dont mind concepts like these usually, even if it isnt a first, they're inspirational.

That's how the white devil wants you to feel.

--------------------

+Quote Post
renzo
post Jan 5 2010, 10:20 PM
Post #14

Knowledgeable Wiseman

Member No.: 22

QUOTE (Amen @ Jan 5 2010, 09:59 AM) *
That's how the white devil wants you to feel.

*plays let's get free album by dead prez*

but, yeah, i aint see the flick, but one one cuzzin take was similar...pretty much how europeans invaded lands in a violent fashion to take them over and claim it as their own. might still see the flick though. i got a 25 dollar amc gift card happy.gif

--------------------
"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past."-George Orwell

+Quote Post
Radames
post Jan 8 2010, 07:49 PM
Post #15

5 mics

I just want to enjoy movies for what they are moping.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 07:00 AM

Friends: airbrush shirts . music website design . Big Pun . Bachata music