krooksimba
post Dec 5 2009, 06:59 AM
Post #1

Supreme Clientele

Group: Members
Member No.: 136

Pacquiao agrees to fight Mayweather
December 5, 2009, 1:36pm

Seven-division boxing champion Manny Pacquiao has agreed to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. next year, a television report said Friday night.

Pacquiao confirmed this in an interview with GMA 7’s "24-Oras" after emerging from a meeting with Top Rank big boss Bob Arum Friday night.

After agreeing for the March 13, 2010 fight with Mayweather, Pacquiao instructed Arum to iron out all details in order for both boxers to finally seal the deal.

Pacquiao said Mayweather is not a good role model for kids, who regularly look up to athletes as their heroes.

“He (Mayweather) is full of thrash talk whom the children should not emulate."

Despite the proximity of the May, 2010 election, in which he will running for congressman in Saranggani, Pacquiao agreed to fight Mayweather.
http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/232572/pacqu...ight-mayweather

awwww sh*t...mayweather's gonna hit the floor!!!! hah!!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fantastik4z
post Dec 5 2009, 09:36 PM
Post #2

Board Addict

Member No.: 130

awwww sh*t...mayweather's gonna hit the floor!!!! hah!!!!!
[/quote]

i got mayweather alll day.......mayweather is the best boxer.......id even put mayweather above mosley

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrtizThaDBBomber
post Dec 7 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #3

Pussy Killz

Member No.: 35

I think Mayweather got it...but Pacquaio is definitely not written off...he can pull it out but Mayweather IMO is the best fighter in the world right now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
krooksimba
post Dec 7 2009, 05:02 AM
Post #4

Supreme Clientele

well he's (mayweather) been running from this fight for a minute, finally stepped up. let's see what happens hrmm.gif

+Quote Post
LEX718
post Dec 7 2009, 02:17 PM
Post #5

eL-eE-eX

Member No.: 56

This should be a great fight. Not sure who I'd put my chips on, but I'd like to see Manny pull off the win.

On a sidenote, did anyone catch the Paul Williams vs. Sergio Martinez fight this weekend? Holy sh*t that was a great fight.

--------------------

+Quote Post
krooksimba
post Dec 27 2009, 08:46 AM
Post #6

Supreme Clientele

Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight Negotiation Resumption Eminent
Subscribe to author Dec 27, 2009 by ■ Leo Reyes - 11 votes, no comments
ShareThis

Listen - Email - Print

+Add image
Photo by Frederick Manligas Nacino
Manny Pacquiao and his trainer Freddie Roach at Pacquiao's Christmas and birthday bash.
Vote up this image!
A breakthrough in the stalled negotiation on the proposed Pacquiao-Mayweather match tentatively set for March 13 is eminent as Golden Boy Promotions CEO says ' We are OK to move off USADA' which means that other drug testing agencies may now do the test
Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer was quoted to have said that the Mayweather camp is now agreeable to let independent drug testing agencies other than the US Anti Doping Agency (USADA) to do the random blood and urine testing on Pacquiao and Mayweather.
The announcement was revealed earlier to ESPN's Dan Rafael by Schaefer saying ' We are OK to move off USADA'.
The announcement came after Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum said the highly anticipated Paquiao-Mayweather fight was off.
The Mayweather camp earlier wanted a random blood and urine test be done by USADA on Pacquiao and Mayweather in days leading up to the fight. Team Pacquiao objected to the proposal saying that any blood drawn from Pacquiao will weaken him and suggested that the blood samples be taken starting on the second week of January during their promotional tour, the next sample to be taken 30 days before the fight and the last sample right after the fight.
The Mayweather camp says Team Pacquiao's counter proposal is not acceptable. This situation led to negotiations standoff.
The latest announcement by Schaefer is considered a major step in the right direction to get the negotiations going and to get the deal done before the end of the year.
In his statement to ESPN, Schaefer revealed:' What we are saying and what is important to us, is four things that the test be random, that they include blood and urine and the time frame, meaning when do you stop the test before the fight but know they will still be effective. The three of them have been agreed on; random, blood and urine. So now its a matter of two sides working out the specifics of the cut-off date to assure it will be effective.
In the meantime, Pacquiao has given instruction to his lawyers in consultation with Bob Arum to initiate a lawsuit against the Mayweather et al for libel, slander and defamation in connection with the accusations by the Mayweathers of Pacquiao's use of performance enhancing drugs to gain added advantage over his opponents during the last several fights by the pound-for-pound king.
But in his website blog, Pacquiao says:"I'm still willing to fight Floyd Mayweather. I never said the fight was off or I do not want to fight him," Pacquiao said in a blog posting on his official website.
"I'll fight anyone at anytime and my record and past fights prove that. I have never and will never dodge anyone."
"These accusations of me using any performance enhancing supplements are totally unwarranted and unjustified," Pacquiao said. "I would never cheat God, I would never cheat myself, and I would never cheat my country and my fans.
"I would always like to be known for my honor and my integrity. I'll always be known for my courage and my willingness to face any man at anytime."

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/284521

mayweather keeps pulling this bullshit... how many ways can you find to avoid the fight. dont be scurred...

+Quote Post
OrtizThaDBBomber
post Jan 19 2010, 03:38 PM
Post #7

Pussy Killz

Pacquaio is gonna fight Joshua Clottey and Mayweather is about to fight Mosley...

I've been wanting to see the Mayweather-Mosley fight for a while so I'm definitely looking forward to that...as for Pacquaio, he's full of sh*t. I'm definitely suspicious of him since he didn't want to take blood testing which is more capable of finding PEDs than urine tests. Even Teddy Atlas said Pacman's camp was sending Mayweather's camp emails like "what if he doesn't pass?" or "can we keep the results silent?" I lost respect for duke. Oh well, Mayweather and Mosley will definitely satisfy

--------------------

+Quote Post
LEX718
post Mar 14 2010, 05:39 AM
Post #8

eL-eE-eX

Member No.: 56

Pacquaio is a freak of nature. Clottey didn't even fight bad and got dominated.

--------------------

+Quote Post
EcuaRican
post Mar 16 2010, 02:02 AM
Post #9

She`s a Killah*

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (LEX718 @ Mar 14 2010, 01:39 AM) *
Pacquaio is a freak of nature. Clottey didn't even fight bad and got dominated.

Unfortunately, i didn't see the fight. I'm def. waiting for May 1st.
This should be a great fight! o0o0owww!!

btw. I like your avi.
Sean P. is a cool dude. met him like 2weeks back, for a baby shower. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
krooksimba
post Mar 16 2010, 08:25 PM
Post #10

Supreme Clientele

8 hours ago

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/289157

WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines said Mayweather, Jr is easier to beat. The Filipino boxer seems to be comparing Joshua Clottey with the undefeated American boxer after his lopsided fight with the Ghanaian boxer Saturday night.
After winning a 12-round unanimous decision over Joshua Clottey of Ghana, Filipino boxing sensation Manny Pacquiao says Floyd Mayweather, Jr is easier to beat.
“His (Mayweather) style is not as difficult as Clottey’s. It’s easy to study,” said Pacquiao after going 12 rounds and disposing of his Ghanaian challenger last Saturday in front of nearly 51,000 fans at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Texas.
Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach said he wants the Filipino boxer to face Floyd Mayweather, Jr possibly in November for his last fight before retiring from professional boxing.
However Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum says he may have to arrange a Pacquiao-Mosley fight if Floyd losses to Mosley in their May 1 encounter at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Arum believes a Pacquiaio-Mosley match is easier to make compared to a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight where old drug testing issues are expected to be revived during the contract negotiation process.
But like his trainer Freddie Roach, Pacquiao he is said he is ready for Floyd Mayweather anytime.
"I want that fight, but it's up to Mayweather," he said. "I'm ready to fight any time."
Roach was in no doubt about Pacquiao's class, saying, "I give Manny an A-plus. Clottey was more in survival mode and when a guy is trying to survive, it's hard to knock him out."

+Quote Post
Young1
post Apr 5 2010, 07:02 PM
Post #11

Who else seen the Leprechaun!? say YEAAAH!

Member No.: 76

lol at easier to beat, I like pac man but come on now. Clottey is a fool he did nothing but stay on the defensive, but! when he thrown he did land. after the fight pacquiaos face look worse just off those few shots makes me wonder how the fight would turn out if clottey gave his all. But back to mayweather his defensive skills are top notch and if you can get through,homie can take a punch. Floyd had been in there with fast fighters and hard punchers either winning by tko or making them look bad technical boxing wise. That come at you style that pacman has makes it easy for floyd to throw a hard counter and drop him. Not saying Manny will be ko'ed, but just a dropped maybe once,then have money may outboxing him for UD win. I mean the man that gave Pac man the most trouble (Juan Manuel Marquez) was dropped and outboxed badly by floyd. The only fighter I see maybe giving it(pause) to floyd is Sugar shane and most boxing fans know this,we been wanting this fight for a long time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrtizThaDBBomber
post Apr 6 2010, 10:28 PM
Post #12

Pussy Killz

QUOTE (Young1 @ Apr 5 2010, 03:02 PM) *
lol at easier to beat, I like pac man but come on now. Clottey is a fool he did nothing but stay on the defensive, but! when he thrown he did land. after the fight pacquiaos face look worse just off those few shots makes me wonder how the fight would turn out if clottey gave his all. But back to mayweather his defensive skills are top notch and if you can get through,homie can take a punch. Floyd had been in there with fast fighters and hard punchers either winning by tko or making them look bad technical boxing wise. That come at you style that pacman has makes it easy for floyd to throw a hard counter and drop him. Not saying Manny will be ko'ed, but just a dropped maybe once,then have money may outboxing him for UD win. I mean the man that gave Pac man the most trouble (Juan Manuel Marquez) was dropped and outboxed badly by floyd. The only fighter I see maybe giving it(pause) to floyd is Sugar shane and most boxing fans know this,we been wanting this fight for a long time.

Maaaaaaann THANK YOU!! I've BEEN saying that. PAC is in for a long ride if he thinks beating PBF is easier than beating Clottey. Mayweather is just nasty all around...his defense is the best, his offense is great...very hard fighter to beat. I've said for the last year or so that Shane has the best chance at beating him...yes evenbetter than Pacquaio. The problem is that too many people that don't know sh!t about boxing have jumped on the Pacquaio bandwagon...and I love Pac he's an amzing fighter but. PBF is undefeated for a reason.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Young1
post Apr 7 2010, 05:00 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (OrtizThaDBBomber @ Apr 6 2010, 03:28 PM) *
. The problem is that too many people that don't know sh!t about boxing have jumped on the Pacquaio bandwagon...and I love Pac he's an amzing fighter but. PBF is undefeated for a reason.

word, But also Manny has really never faced some one who can match his speed or is faster. One of the things people have problems with in boxing is speed add the fact that he is a southpaw and of course dude who go heads up will not fare well. Floyd can match so can shane but I wonder why manny's camp chooses other fights. hrmmm but yo the thing is manny is fast come at you at stated but floyd is fast pop pop pop and move out the way making you look funny.

I'm also mad tired of the floyd hate, I mean you aint got to like the dude but you got to respect his skill. The number one thing I find funny is they say he "runs" Aint not running here damn that N'dou fight was classic 2:00s and on. especially at 2:32.

boxing record alot of UD's and TKO's

--------------------

+Quote Post
renzo
post Apr 11 2010, 01:35 AM
Post #14

Knowledgeable Wiseman

Member No.: 22

where the u come from young?!

--------------------
"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past."-George Orwell

+Quote Post
Young1
post Apr 12 2010, 10:36 PM
Post #15

laff.gif been busy maaan.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 06:45 PM

Friends: airbrush shirts . music website design . Big Pun . Bachata music