IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> People with Blu-ray players I got a question...
Ben B
post Jan 22 2009, 10:52 PM
Post #1

Untouchable

Group: Members
Member No.: 281

How do older movies look on Blu-ray? big difference? So far I've bought new releases and no Blu-ray re-issues yet, but if theres a decent difference I wanna replace my favourites.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheGoomba
post Jan 23 2009, 04:35 AM
Post #2

THE GUINEA GORILLA

Member No.: 474

QUOTE (BIG-B @ Jan 23 2009, 09:52 AM) *
How do older movies look on Blu-ray? big difference? So far I've bought new releases and no Blu-ray re-issues yet, but if theres a decent difference I wanna replace my favourites.

Think it depends on how old - got to remember, the 'classic' touch of some movies e.g. the godfather rely on those dark film techniques..i watched that ish on Blu Ray and was like wtf?

it does enhance it, but the actual Blue-ray re issues are better.

Just get a PS3

--------------------
Hickory Dickory Dock. Some chick's been sucking my c0ck. Clock struck two, dropped my goo...
...Dumped the b1tch down the next block!

+Quote Post
Queens Kid
post Jan 23 2009, 05:17 AM
Post #3

Strictly Hip Hop

Member No.: 583

reg dvds look kinda better, if u get a real good tv then that sh*t gon look real good, but yeaa jus cop a PS3 everythin gon look good

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben B
post Jan 23 2009, 01:20 PM
Post #4

Untouchable

Member No.: 281

I see.

Not lookin to get a ps3 right now, got trips to pay for and just picked up a 42" flat screen and blu ray player in the sales a few weeks back smile.gif

+Quote Post
Amen
post Jan 27 2009, 01:17 PM
Post #5

Untouchable
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 91

I didn't see what the Godfather looked like on Blu-Ray yet, but I didn't think it would be that bad, Goomba. Coppolla's lighting techniques between dark and light were awesome.. something I thought Blu Ray would capture perfectly.

I've seen a few older flicks on BRD, and they looked unbelievably good. King of New York stands out as it was the first restored flick I watched. The audio wasn't spectacular, but it was improved. But the sharpness and quality? My GOD!

I also saw things like The Untouchables, A Clockwork Orange, and Coming to America... all unrealistically sharp.

I don't know. If you're a purist for the way movies used to look, you might be disappointed. But the new quality was welcome on a new television, that's for sure.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 02:26 PM

Friends: airbrush shirts . music website design . Big Pun . Bachata music